1. Name :
The name of the club
shall be called “The Donside Camera Club”
2. Aims :
The enjoyment of
photography in all its aspects
3. Membership :
- The club shall be open to Members, Honorary members and Junior
members, any of whom shall be entitled to attend and vote where such is
called for, at any meeting of the Club and to make full use of the Club
- Any application for membership shall be made through the Club
Treasurer and will be subject to the approval of the Club Committee.
- Any person may be elected as an honorary member by a two-thirds
majority of the members present at any AGM.
5. Meetings :
- The Club Committee members shall be elected by a majority vote of
the Club members at the AGM to be held at the end of the Winter season.
The Committee shall take office only after the close of the existing
session. The said Committee shall be responsible for the affairs of the
Club during their term of office.
- Committee members shall normally hold office for a period of no
more than 4 years. This period can be extended in exceptional
circumstances as judged as necessary by the Committee.
- The office bearers, 10 in number, to be elected individually
shall be Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Treasurer, General
Secretary, Programme Secretary, Internal Competition Secretary,
External Competition Secretary, Media Secretary, Projectionist and one
general member who has joined the Club within the last 2 years. All
will be members of the management committee of the Club.
- The role of the Chairperson is central to all Club activities. To
ensure consistency the member acting as vice chair will ideally take
the Chairperson’s role once the chairperson stands down.
- The Committee will have the power to co-opt members to fill
casual vacancies or to help form a sub-committee required for some
stated purpose or to assist in some special way.
- The Committee shall issue, through its General Secretary and by
the last meeting of he season, a report on its work during its year of
- Any 5 members of the Committee shall represent a quorum and any
resolution properly presented may be carried by a majority of those
Committee members present.
- The General Secretary shall be exofficio a member of any
6. Notices of Motion :
- There will be four categories of meetings:
1. Club Meetings
A yearly programme of Club Meetings will be produced by the Committee
and issued to each member before the Programme begins.
2. Committee Meetings
An Extraordinary General Meeting can be called on special occasions by
a written notice to the Committee signed by twenty-five percent of the
- The Chairman at any meeting shall rule on all points of order and
in the event of a voting tie shall use his vote as a casting vote.
- The purpose date and time of any Extraordinary General meeting
shall be transmitted to each and every member not less than fourteen
days before the meeting takes place
- Copies of AGM Minutes will be made available to Club Members
through the Members section of the Club website.
- An AGM is considered quorate with 20% of the members present.
All notices of motion relative to the
business of the Club shall be handed, signed and with a sec- onder, to
the General Secretary, who will submit it for consideration at the next
Annual General Meeting when the motion will be deemed adopted by a
simple majority vote of the members present.
7. Subscriptions :
8. Accounts :
- The membership subscription payable for the ensuing year shall be
determined by the incoming committee.
- New members will be expected to pay on confirmation of acceptance
of membership by the Treasurer.
- Subscriptions shall be due at the first meeting of the new
- Any member whose subscription is two months overdue shall be
deemed to have resigned from the Club.
- Any non members paying weekly subscriptions should be encouraged
to join the club and be- come members by the Christmas break.
The financial management by the
Treasurer will include:
9. Non members :
- Up to date management of the accounts which will allow status
review by the committee as and when required.
- External auditing of the accounts prior to the A.G.M.
- The financial year shall be deemed to run from 5th April until
4th April next.
10. Constitution :
- Members shall be entitled to introduce non members at any meeting
of the Club except the AGM and EGM
- At the discretion of the Chairperson, meetings may be open to the
public and an entrance fee may be charged.
No alteration of the Club Constitution
may be made except at the AGM. A two thirds majority of those present
are required to carry the motion
11. Dissolution :
- Any member desiring to propose any alterations in, or addition to
the Constitution, may do so by submitting the terms of the motion, in
writing, to the secretary three weeks before the Annual General Meeting
or by requesting an Extraordinary General Meeting.
- In disputes arising over the interpretation of the Constitution,
the Committee’s decision will be final.
The Club may not be dissolved except on
the resolution of not less than two thirds of the members present at
the A.G.M. or an E.G.M.
- In the event of a motion being passed to wind up the Club,
Members shall discharge all debts. and liabilities of the club.
Thereafter the remaining assets shall not be paid or distributed
amongst members of the Club but shall be distributed to recognized
bodies promoting the good of photography as determined at the
Extraordinary General Meeting.
The committee may on a vote of two
thirds of its members, indicate the withdrawal of all facilities from
any member by instructing the Treasurer to return the members current